Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hello,

I subscribed to a public calendar online for the first time on my iPhone. It is a calendar which lists/updates Spring sporting events for my son. When subscribing, it gave me the option to use "Google," "iCal," or "Outlook." I chose iCal and instantly all of the events from this public calendar appeared on the calendar on my iPhone. i then went to check to see if these calendar events synced to my ipad, and they are not there? Are the iphone and iPad supposed to sync the events from the subscribed calendar? All of my other calendar events sync between the two devices. My iphone/iPad calendar sync with Google and I tried subscribing to this calendar with Google but this also didn't work. Any input is much appreciated.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Hello,

I subscribed to a public calendar online for the first time on my iPhone. It is a calendar which lists/updates Spring sporting events for my son. When subscribing, it gave me the option to use "Google," "iCal," or "Outlook." I chose iCal and instantly all of the events from this public calendar appeared on the calendar on my iPhone. i then went to check to see if these calendar events synced to my ipad, and they are not there? Are the iphone and iPad supposed to sync the events from the subscribed calendar? All of my other calendar events sync between the two devices. My iphone/iPad calendar sync with Google and I tried subscribing to this calendar with Google but this also didn't work. Any input is much appreciated.

I assume the iCal option gives you a link of .ics to subscribe to, right? If you use iCloud calendar, pushing subscriptions to all devices is only possible if you subscribe it via Calendar for Mac and set it to be on the iCloud. Otherwise, it would always be local to your device, i.e. under the Subscribed section but not "iCloud".

If you use other services like Outlook.com or Google Calendar, you can subscribe the calendar in the web interface of the respective services (or Calendar for Mac) and they should appear in your calendar list afterwards.

Last edited:

Mojer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I just ended up putting the calendars on each device. A minor inconvenience but I cannot understand why they can't just sync between devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.