Syncing "Subscription Calendars" with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AiralynRose, Aug 3, 2008.

1. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I subscribe to my boyfriend's iCal so I know his work schedule and he does the same with mine... but it does not show up on my iPhone...

Is there any way to sync the subscription calendars to your iPhone? Or even MobileMe? I thought it would just show up as another calendar, but i guess i was wrong. I looked around for some related settings, but didn't come up with anything. Is this not possible?

If it isn't possible... could my boyfriend log in on my mobile me on his computer, set it to ONLY sync calendars, and then have both of our calendars in one that way?

Any ideas?

2. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

you have to export it then re-import it so its not under subscriptions. it the same way with the us holidays calenders.

3. AiralynRose thread starter macrumors 6502a

but then it won't update itself, right?

4. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

There's an Apple tech note that states the lack of subscribed calendars is a known "issue." So, presumably, a fix will be coming.

6. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Help!! I don't want to screw everything up...

Right now, my subscription calendars (Birthdays and Holidays) show up in MobileMe and iCal perfectly but they don't show up on my new 3G iPhone. My Birthday Calendar is created from the Birthdays I entered in Address Book.

If I export them and then import them, won't I get duplicate calendars in MobileMe and iCal? What happens to the Birthdays in Address Book?

I don't want to make this worse than it is and screw everything up. If someone heard that an update is coming to fix this I guess I can wait.