syncing the touch with vista

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ROADDOG01, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ROADDOG01 macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Sorry if this has been on here before. I can not sync my ipod touch with my with my pc. vista. Oh by the way I hate vista. I think that I went over all I know as far as trying to sync can not get it to it just comes up with a folder and when I do go on i tunes it says somthing about iphone software. I got new version of itunes any ideas ??

thanks in advance for your time again sorry if this is posted in wrong area. :confused: I was able to sync with my pc win xp but I got most of my music on the laptop.

2. aft macrumors regular

I'm new here but I've noticed that there is little help to Windows users....I don't have Vista sorry:rolleyes:

3. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

I know it works with Vista cause I seen it done.

4. ibuprofane macrumors newbie

It works with the 32-bit edition of Vista, but not the 64-bit edition. If you have that (like I do) you're out of luck until Apple (or someone else) makes drivers for it. It certainly won't happen until Apple releases Leopard (it's 64-bit).

If you happen to have a laptop or server with XP, that'd be best for now.

5. jammyf macrumors member

I have successfully synchronized with Vista (32-bit) a number of times with no issues whatsoever.

You may want to re-install iTunes if you are having problems. Worth a shot.....

6. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

I definitaley doest work with 64-bit Vista. I have 32-Bit vista and it works fine, but my friend has 64 and his wont even open up in itunes

7. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

That is weird, why not? are the drivers that vastly different from 32-64 that it would have taken them that much more time to make them?

Do iPhones not work on 64 bit Vista either?

8. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I do have the 32 bit still will not sync. I can sync with my desktop with win xp. When I do try on the vista on laptop it just opens a folder and that is it. Then when do go on itunes it say somthing about ITUNES IPHONE WEIRD. Thanks for your help. I just have most of my music on the lap top so that is why I am not using my desk top. I wish there was a way you could get the itunes info from one pc to the other I just would do that for now.

9. willyu macrumors newbie

i had problems with syncing on 32bit vista with ipod touch (now returned) and the solution was to remove everything from Apple, itunes, quicktimes, apple mobile software..etc. You can look at that list inside control panel -> programs and features.

I think for my problem is that the apple mobile software(or something like that) didn't initialize/install correctly the first time I plug in the ipod.

removed everything, installed itunes again, wait for the mobile software to install and the ipod is opening up now.

10. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks so much for your time and help means alot. 1 question for you what is mobil software. Sorry just never heard of it. Thanks again

11. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I did the whole uninstall thing with apple and still will not work. I guess I will just use my desktop just sucks because I have all my music on the laptop. Is there anyway I can get my itunes info to the other pc prob not huh since all info is on my HD on this laptop. Man I hate vista. Thaks again for your time and effort

12. willyu macrumors newbie

If you go into the control panel -> programs and features windows, there would be an item called "Apple Mobile Device Support". I am not exactly sure what it is but I am guessing it's a device driver specifically made for iphone/ipod touch, as I have never seen it before with my 5.5G ipod.