Syncing to a new Macbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CandyTree, Mar 18, 2014.

1. CandyTree macrumors newbie

Hey guys, is it possible to sync to a new iTunes without losing any data? I recently just got a Macbook Pro and my old laptop won't be with me anymore. It seems like an iPhone can only sync with one iTunes library so syncing with a new one will make me lose data.

I just organized my phone and I really don't want to organize it all over again from my music to contacts and apps. Thanks!

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I use a program called copy trans, it will transfer all your music over to your new computer so you can sync music and backup from there. I believe you can also just copy your itunes folder over.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, the key is to first move your iTunes folder from one computer to the other and to sign into the iTunes store on the new machine.

Then, when you plug your iPhone in, it will recognize that it's a new computer but also see that you're logged in as you. It will ask you to confirm that you want to start syncing with this new machine, but once you accept that the sync will only take a few seconds. It doesn't actually re-copy anything to the phone, it just confirms that everything is where it thinks it should be.