Syncing to iTunes on new computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EthanXC1, Jun 10, 2010.

1. EthanXC1 macrumors member

I just got a new MacBook Pro and transferred all my music/movies/apps onto it. However I haven't synced my phone to it yet. I'm worried something will go wrong or all my apps will be rearranged which I really don't feel like dealing with right now. Before I go and sync it does anyone have any advice? What should I expect? Once I sync it, can I choose to sync it to either computer? (whichever is more convenient at the time?)

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can sync an iDevice with a single iTunes library. You cannot sync music with one computer, TV shows/movies with another, podcasts with a third. You CAN however sync stuff under the info tab with different computers, such as your Contacts, Calendars, etc. Or you could just use MobileMe to sync your info. App arrangement could potentially be an issue (I haven't tested this), but with iOS4 you'll have folders, and if you already have iPhone OS 3 on there you can just use the search feature by swiping the home screen to the right to search for a given app.

3. EthanXC1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I've had my apps all rearranged twice now and its such a hassle, I'll wait for folders, that should make it easier to set things back up just in case.