Syncing to my Mac Fails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GFLPraxis, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Need some help on this one. Every time I attempt to sync my iPhone, it starts with, in the bar at the top, with Backing Up *Name*'s iPhone, then Syncing Contacts, Syncing Applications, then switches to a generic "Syncing *Name*'s iPhone" message- then it simply stops as if it had been cancelled.

I've tried this several times, to no avail. Any changes I make to Applications or Contacts ARE changed, but it never changes Music, Ringtones, Videos, etc etc.

Any assistance?

2. sers macrumors 6502

Search the Apple support pages. I found help there when iTunes couldn't even recognize my iPhone. There's lots of info with respect to iTunes syncing problems. You should be able to find a solution there.

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/ipod/

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I went through a lot of stuff there before posting here.

4. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've never heard of your issue, so I doubt you'd find anything concrete from a search.

So, to troubleshoot, does it actually sync contacts when it says "syncing contacts." Same for apps. The last should be ringtones, before it goes to sync photos, music, etc. So, in short, was syncs?