Syncing to new Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TorontoLRT, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

I have recently bought a new Macbook Pro and have authorized it for my iTunes Library. All my music has transferred to the new Mac, but I can't see any of my apps in iTunes, like I could on my PC. I'm afraid to sync my iPod Touch to the Mac in case it erases them permanently. What should I do?
    EDIT: In case it's not clear, the option is to "erase and sync".

2. Ommid macrumors 6502

It should give you the option to transfer purchases

3. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

It did, and I selected that, and it synced... But the apps still aren't showing up on my Mac.

4. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

*Bump* Come on, I don't want to call tech support!

5. donlab macrumors 6502

donlab

Try to purchase the app again thru itunes. Are you signed into app store through itunes on new mac?

6. Lumpy05 macrumors member

You need to move your itunes library from the old computer to the new computer. This apple support page gives you a few of the many ways to accomplish:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

I know it says move music but the process will move everything including apps. Make sure you "unauthorize" the old computer as the last step.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

If you are having trouble. Just take your MacBook and iPod to an Apple store and have them fix it for you. You pay all that money for a new Mac, why not use the service? :confused:

When I purchased my MBP, I did the same thing Ommid said to do.

Make sure that you log into iTunes before connecting your iPod. Then select the transfer purchases. You don't have to authorize/unauthorized anything. That only effects the music parts.

8. Potential4Evil macrumors newbie

Potential4Evil

did u restart your computer after syncing? Sometimes thats what you need to do but if you purchased the game/app on your itunes account it should show up in itunes.