Syncing too a new computer.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mr. feeny, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mr. feeny macrumors member

Before anyone says use the search, i did. Here's my situation, when i got my iphone 4 i set it up on my old g4 ibook, i just bought a new macbook pro and want too be able to sync everything on my new and faster computer without losing all my contacts, apps, and jailbreak options etc. I know a few ways you can do that, but since the phone is jail broken, i don't want my "3rd party" apps and things i got from the cydia gone since the apple way, they do not transfer. Now i heard their is a way with a certain app to transfer everything and not be an issue. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't know for sure, but you should be able to go into your new computer and go into iTunes, and navigate: Edit, Preferences, Devices, and check "Prevent iPhones.... from syncing automatically". Plug your iPhone in after this and click 'Back Up'.

3. mr. feeny thread starter macrumors member

I did all those steps, but their is no spot for me or does it say to "back up" anywhere.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

On the sidebar on the left of the screen you will see your iPhone listed as a device. Right click and select Back Up.