Syncing/transferring camera roll?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SaMaster14, Jul 10, 2011.

1. SaMaster14, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Well, I have a bunch of HD videos and pictures on my camera roll which are taking up a lot of space on my device. I was wondering if there was a way to transfer the videos and pictures to a computer so that I can delete them off of my device. Kinda like having the computer think the ipod is a digital camera.

Preferably I would like to put them on a computer that is NOT the computer that is synced with my ipod/iTunes. Is that possible without messing up the other data that is on my iPod?

Thanks.

Edit: will it work if i open iPhoto, but NOT iTunes on that computer? Will iPhoto recognize the iPod as a camera?

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

It is already designed to "have the computer think the ipod is a digital camera." iPod touch never uses iTunes to sync/transfer camera roll.

3. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, but since its not the computer I normally sync with, will itunes open up and mess up my itunes sync on my other computer? Or is iphoto totally seperate? And will it also download my videos from my camera roll?

4. irishtike macrumors member

well, for my photos/videos on my ipod i have googles Picasa open up every time it detects the ipod and asks me if i want to sync them to my computer, it then allows me to select which ones i want and where to put them on the computer. this all in windows mind you.

5. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Use image capture (if your on a mac). Your ipod touch will work with image capture on any mac and you can extract the photos and videos. You can delete after import if you like.