syncing trouble... help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by McDLT, Jun 27, 2009.

1. McDLT macrumors regular

i am having a problem syncing a 3gs. never had trouble with my original iphone.

basically, itunes hangs every time i try to sync and locks up my machine entirely. can't force quit, nothing.

i have done the following:

restored phone, several times
    uninstalled and reinstalled itunes
    removed itunes purchases from items to sync
    deauthorized and reauthorized computer

i am able to get a successful sync if i do not attempt to sync anything from itunes or iphoto. so i have a functional phone with contacts.

the problem seems to be with itunes as i can no longer sync the previous phone either.

can anyone help? apple doesn't have any solution for me.

2. dlemmon macrumors regular

that sucks. I'd try to sync it on a different computer just to eliminate another possibilty. I'd take it in and have them try to hook it up to their computer. if it's defective, they should replace it.

3. NeoSput macrumors newbie

I've had the same problem.. The only solution that I can suggest for right now... Just wait... When I go to sync my new iPhone 3Gs, it takes about 20-30 minutes after i hit the sync button, for it to appear on my phone saying "Syncing iPhone"...

IDK what the problem is, someone said on another post that it has to do with a bad pod cast, but seeing that I don't use those, nor do I have any, that won't fix my problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes twice. Previously on 1st gen iPhone I didn't have this problem and ever since I have been syncing or trying to sync the new phone, I've had the issue on BOTH phones.