Syncing trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saldawop, Jun 25, 2013.

1. saldawop, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

saldawop macrumors regular

My iPhone 5 has developed a problem, whereby when syncing it will suddenly hang, the phone will respring.

I get a message in iTunes saying "iTunes could not copy xxx because it could not be read" , I close that and then get another popup saying my iPhone could not be found or an internal error occurred.
    Dismiss that and it starts syncing again, copying the file it could not read previously, and then doing the same thing again with another file.All files get downloaded eventually but I have to dismiss these pop ups at least a dozen times per sync.Any ideas what is wrong? Could it be a problem with the phone? Or iTunes Library? Or impossible to tell?

Edit: This happens with all types of files eg Apps, Music and Videos
    iPhone is running 6.1.4 and iTunes is latest version

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Start with the basics...try a different cable.

3. saldawop thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I think you could be right.A couple of times I have had a pop up saying something like Charging Not Supported with this accessory.
    Its a Genuine Apple cable I am using.Do you know if they are covered under warranty?

4. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Usually, the cables are covered under warranty, but damage isn't covered, as stated below (I contacted Apple support on warranty coverage]:
    Good Luck, and keep us posted.

5. saldawop thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, took the phone to the Store.Turns out there was a fault with the phone,it was the charging port.He said it could have been a faulty USB on my PC ,and that there may have been a power surge and it could have damaged the phone, and that it could affect any other equipment that uses that USB port .
    Well, that one USB port is the one I use for my iPhone, my Note 2 and my iPad and all seem well so far.
    Whatever it was that caused it I am happy that it is now resolved.