Syncing two iPhones same iTunes account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by b2051758, Jun 9, 2013.

1. b2051758 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just want some advice and to clarify a few things. I've just bought an iphone 5 (got a good deal on it) and want to sync it with itunes.
    The thing is, I have a jailbroken 3gs already, which has a few cydia apps which ill still need to use, therefore I was thinking of using my Iphone 5 as my main phone, and then use the 3gs for certain cydia apps when I need it.

Will I be able to sync my iphone 5 with my current iphone account in itunes, and have it like my 3gs (minus the cydia apps) and use both and sync with out issues? Basically the phones should be exactly the same (music, apps, mail, photos etc.), apart from the 5 not having the cydia apps and tweaks?

Eventually, in 6 months or so when ios 7 comes out, ill want to jailbreak my iphone 5, re sync and have it exactly as the 3gs with all the cydia apps and tweaks then give away the 3gs.

Thanks for any info guys

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i sync all of my devices, ipod, ipad and iphone 5, all with the same itunes and account. you can select which media or apps you want to sync to each device. for instance, i choose to have all of my music sync to my ipod, but none of the music sync to my phone or ipad. you can select those options in itunes. so you shouldnt have any issue.

3. b2051758 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didnt think it would be that simple in itunes, thanks!