Syncing two iPhones to one iTunes, Application Data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scone, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Scone macrumors newbie

Quick question,

I am setting up a brand new iMac for my wife and I. I am merging our iTunes libraries and will be running each on two separate accounts, but aimed at the one iTunes database on our Shared files.

My question is, with me merging the applications as well, will we loose any application data once it is synced to the phones? (i.e. If we both have a game or facebook am I going to have to sleep on the couch for a week because i merged my app into the library and lost her high scores and login data.) Is our login data, high-scores, preferences for each app stored on the phone or in iTunes?

Thanks.
    Scone

2. Kelly Craig macrumors member

Kelly Craig

Oh wow, uhm..
    My educated answer as an iPhone app developer is that your settings for those apps are in your phones install sandbox covered by your phones backup, but the "app" itself has no data in it for an individual therefore it shouldn't be a problem.

Any contradictions?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. Scone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

It sounds like I shouldn't have a problem. I'll let you know how it turns out!

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Thanks to who? :)

6. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

You probably already have your answer but I'll telll you anyway, I have three different iPhones syncing the same apps and they are all treated separately in terms of back up files and such. No problems whatsoever.