Syncing two phones with one iMac & one iTunes account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by julizeda, Apr 15, 2012.

1. julizeda macrumors newbie

My husband and I both want to sync our phones to the same computer. We want to share apps with the same iTunes account, but every time I sync my phone I end up with all his contacts (which I definitely don't want). Is there a way to get around this?

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Once your iPhone is connected make sure sync contacts is not checked in the iTunes window before you start your sync.

3. laurenr, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

laurenr macrumors 6502a

On the Mac, make sure you and your Husband each have your own User Accounts. Make sure your Address Book (calendar, etc) on the Mac is configured exactly as you want them to be.
    You should then set up, each your own, unique iCloud identities, and sync your Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and whatever else is applicable. No need to actually sync them to the Mac. This way, whatever changes you make, is pushed to all your devices > Mac, iPad, iPhone, etc.

On Your iPads, you would log into the App/iTunes store with the identical Apple ID, so that you would not have to purchase twice any Apps/music. It is only your iCloud identities/email addresses that would be unique to each of you. This way, you would both have your own Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and whatever else you select for iCloud syncing.