Syncing videos in iTunes 9 - format questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kelric, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Kelric macrumors newbie

I've ripped all my DVDs into my iTunes library using Handbrake. Before I got my iPhone I ripped them all at a higher quality that was compatible with my AppleTV. Since then I've started ripping them in a format that is compatible with both my AppleTV and my iPhone.

In the previous version of iTunes, when I wanted to sync my iPhone, the movies that were originally coded for the AppleTV and could not be played on the iPhone would be grayed out, so I knew not to try syncing them to the iPhone. Now with iTunes 9, none of the movies are grayed out. They all appear as if they could sync, but when I try and sync them I get an error saying some movies could not be played and have not been synced.

Anyone know of a way to have those that can't be played on the iPhone (or an iPod for that matter) to show up grayed out again, like in the old version?

Thanks.

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

I have this problem. For me, though, it's the kick in the pants that I need to finally go back and run my non-iphone compliant movies through VisualHub and make them iPhone friendly.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend...