Syncing with 2 computers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TomP80, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TomP80 macrumors member

I'm not sure if this can be done, but, is there any way of syncing my new iPod Touch to two different computers?

I want it to sync all my movies/music/tv shows from my home computer, but it would be great if it synced contacts and email from Outlook on my work pc.

Is this possible?

2. Trip.Tucker Guest

If both computers are running Unix, then you could use rsync to replicate the data from the first computer, your primary that is synced with the iPod, to the second computer.
    Just found a version of rsync for Windows as well: http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I did that and it worked fine, although in my case I did just my Outlook calendar with my work PC and all the music/videos etc from the home PC. I think though the work sync is set up manually and not automatic, can't recall for sure.

Mike

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

aithorize the work comp, and set it to manual, and only have it sync contacts, but have the home comp on auto, and it should transfer them to the home comp

5. Trip.Tucker Guest

I misread the op.. I thought he wanted music and movies on both.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

dont we all... But, there may be a flaw with what I said, it may prompt you to erase and sync... In that case you best bet is to export your contacts, and move them to your home comp...