Syncing with a bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NoShoreGuy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. NoShoreGuy macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed you can't charge or sync your iphone using the bumper? The connector doesn't fit all the way with it on. Anyone else finding this??? If so any solutions besides not using the bumper??

Thanks!

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Hard to believe that. You are using a standard connector????

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Are you kidding me? You're saying that you can't use the usb cable that came with the iphone 4 if you have a bumper on the phone?

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Got a black bumper and I can sync perfectly -it's actually a great fit. :confused:

5. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Agreed. Cable that comes with the phone is a perfect fit.
    An old iPod (non-phone) cable is larger than the bumper gap, so wont connect properly. But, honestly, what do you expect? You can really criticise them for that...

6. Jonmurgie macrumors member

Check you are using a newer cable (ideally the one that came with the phone).

I was using an old cable (maybe 2g, can't recall) and it didn't fit with the bumper on, pulled the one out of a 3GS box and it's a little slimmer, fitted perfectly... snug though and doesn't "clip" into place as it did before but still syncs fine :)

7. NoShoreGuy thread starter macrumors regular

No I tried using the cable that came with the iphone 4 with the bumper didn't fit snug would not connect, so i trimmed a little around the connector part of the bumper fits fine now!

8. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you had the bumper properly fitted on the phone? Sometimes the bumper gets caught between the glass and steel band and will throw off the rest of the bumper's alignment on the phone. Check to make sure that it's flush then the bumper should fit the connector.

It does for mine at least.

9. coelacanth macrumors 6502

USB sync cables came with older i-devices (the ones have release buttons on sides) won't fit when Bumper is on. Newer design cables should fit no problem. OP, are you using the cable came with iPhone 4 or other newer cables?

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

When you put the bumper on, edges of the rubber can become uneven with the phone so you have to wiggle it a bit to make it fit.