Syncing with a windows mobile PDA Phone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wattso, May 11, 2007.

1. wattso macrumors regular

Hi all

I have just been given a windows mobile PDA Phone. Its an orange m500 running windows mobile 2003 edition. This is going to be used by my Dad and he tells me he wants to be able to take notes with it in meetings (he's been using good old pen 'n paper up untill now :eek: ) I guess this is simple enough just by taking the notes in word portable and then bluetoothing them to the imac. He also wants to be able to use it as a calendar in conjunction with ical and, of course, use it as a phone so he wants his address book contacts synced. I have had a quick look by just using 'set up bluetooth device' it only seems to recognise it as 'any device' now this is my dodgy memory at work here but when setting up my Sony phone as a bluetooth device I seem to have remembered the option to sync my address book contacts, this does not appear with the PDA I just got various options of using it as a modem. I also had a quick look at isync (which I know nothing about and have never used before) but it did not even find the device.

Can anybody please help me how I can use the phone as a diary and how to sync address book contacts.

Thanks in advance.

Wattso

2. wattso thread starter macrumors regular

Bummer, well he's not prepared to pay £20 for the software since he was basically given the PDA. Any free software out there? If not we will stick it on ebay since we'll make a enough to put towards a PDA phone that will work. So will a blackberry work correctly, or any other recommendations?

Thanks again

Wattso

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You might want to head over the Mac forum at Treocentral.com and see what you find that works and doesn't.

Anything Windows needs the Missing Sync stuff - Microsoft doesn't support the Mac in this area at all. There are Blackberry issues also, but i'm not "up" on what they are... you may still need the software - or something like it.

My Palm Treo (Palm OS version) syncs just fine with the stuff that ships with Palm and my Mac though.