Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitargoddsjm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
MA
I'm not exactly sure of where to post this... I'm having a problem with my computer (Address Book, I believe) syncing w/ Google contacts.

I'm getting the following error messages:
1QzK

1QBg

1QBf

The first image is the original error that comes up. If I click More Info, it brings me to a list of contacts. The "Before" info contains the correct fields for their email addresses (e.g., school, work, etc). However, Google wants to get rid of these fields.

Is there any way I can get Google to accept this fields? Also, can I have Google revert to my Mac's info instead of the other way around (my mac using Google's changes)

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I'm not exactly sure of where to post this... I'm having a problem with my computer (Address Book, I believe) syncing w/ Google contacts.

I'm getting the following error messages:

The first image is the original error that comes up. If I click More Info, it brings me to a list of contacts. The "Before" info contains the correct fields for their email addresses (e.g., school, work, etc). However, Google wants to get rid of these fields.

Is there any way I can get Google to accept this fields? Also, can I have Google revert to my Mac's info instead of the other way around (my mac using Google's changes)

There is an app that will export your Address book, which you can then import into Google, thus making Google have the same info as your Address book...this will not sync the info..it will import the info to Google...I think google does as about modifying if it recognizes that someone is already in there though..

I want to say it's something like AtoG (that's the app name)...at least if you do that, once you do get it all settled, syncing will be a snap.

kotis

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
I am having similar issues with Google sync. It wants to add 142 (that is ok), Modify 448, and delete 59. Much of what it wants to modify and delete is wrong.

I would not mind going through and manually reviewing each item, but there is no feature to do so.

What should I do?

sh0vel

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
Searched high and low to resolve the same issues and I eventually settled on an app called Syncman. It costs $15 but I have never had a problem since using it. You can use the trial to get a feel for it. It has some issues - the scheduled syncing doesn't work that well for me but everything else works well.

http://wateree.net/syncman/

Hope this helps you guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.