syncing with itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bo-waleed, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

i have clean install SL on my MBP and i have synced before on itunes.

now when i plug the iphone it says 'this iphone have synced with another itunes'
    and i have to erase my iphone data.

i don't want to lost all my music,apps and contacts.

this happening when i check 'manually manage your music and videos' on itunes and applying it.

any help ?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You said you have a clean install on Snow Leopard, but have you put all of your content back into iTunes (like it was before you did the re-install). Have you put all of your music, apps, ringtones, etc... back.

3. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

not yet but i backed up all my data.

but i don't want to put all my old audio files on itunes again.

i don't want to sync, i just want to manage my music files and add them without syncing

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Now if you have selected to Manually Managing your music and videos, then that media won't (should not) delete from your phone when you Sync it, Apps I'm not sure about.

As far as your Contacts, Calendar, Notes. You are going to get a pop up asking to you if you want to Merge the data from the Mac and Phone together, or Replace the information on your Phone with whatever is on the Mac.

[​IMG]

As a precaution, I recommend you Transfer any purchased items from your phone to your computer (Apps) just incase iTunes doesn't see that media present and decides to delete it.

[​IMG]

5. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

but when i check the box 'manually manage .....' i have to click apply and then it says your iphone have synced with another itunes library.....

after that you can cancel or erase and sync