Syncing with jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CKohkah, Dec 22, 2008.

1. CKohkah macrumors 6502

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be safe to Sync with iTunes with a jailbroken 3G.

My main concern is that Syncing will back up the phone and corrupt my good back up image.

I do have itunes set up do it only backs up when I choose to do so, but I just wanna make sure its safe to sync songs and App Store applications to the phone without backing up in the process.

I know this may seem confusing, but maybe someone here knows what I am asking...!

Thanks!
    Craig

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It should be just fine. I sync my jailbroken 3G many times with my mac, and synced music and apps back and forth and it has worked just like normal. I have even restored several times and restored from a backup and it works great. As long as you have everything on your computer you should be fine.

3. broozes macrumors newbie

Not totally true, at least for myself. I have it JB'd and whenever I restore from back up, it restores everything except jail broken apps.

So if I restore from back up with games in a folder from categories, I will not see them again, I have to re-download everything.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    He's talking about syncing NOT restoring. If you restore of course your jailbreak and all your apps will be gone. Unless you save a backup with aptbackup and when you restore your backups when you jailbreak it will redownload all your jailbroken apps.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ aptbackup is the BOMB! (Not like the OKC thing...) Haven't lost a thing yet. ;)

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl