Syncing with Outlook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pantocrator, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Pantocrator macrumors member

I'm having trouble syncing my contacts with outlook. I do not know if it attempts to sync it, and my contacts list comes up empty on the Touch. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I use customize? I choose a new theme, but it never gets applied to the touch even after I hit apply.

Also, is there an app that lets you create/view/edit MS Office files, such as .doc files?

finally, what are the best apps for me to download on the touch? Which are the most useful? Is there a calculator that is like a TI-89 or the like? (as in graphing)

2. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

bump. 70 people have looked at this and no one knows an answer to a single question?

3. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I don't know about your problem with Outlook, but there should be applications available to do the other things you listed when the new App Store opens in July.

4. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

I read somewhere that the touch cannot sync natively from outlook, you need to export to a file- but the guide did not give info. I think this might be my problem, can anyone explain?

5. ofiaich macrumors member

ofiaich

Hi!

I synchronised my contacts and appointments via iTunes.

I connect my Touch using the cable, then go to Devices and my Touch in iTunes, then click on the tab [info]

I can then synchronise contacts, calendar, mail accounts and bookmarks.

There is also an option to replace items on the Touch.

Not sure if this helps..

Ofiaich :)

6. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

I do all that- it just doesn't show up is the problem. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong- I might need to recover the thing or whatever.

7. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

bump 200 views, no fixes yet. I know someone must have dealt with the same issue...