Synctunes, iTuneMyWalkman, and...?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sesshi, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I notice that Synctunes has been withdrawn, and while iTuneMyWalkman has worked reasonably well enough for me to make a not insignificant donation, I don't think it's developed enough from it's slightly simplistic origins, especially in terms of error handling.

What else is there?

2. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Seems MajorGeeks has mirrored Synctunes:
    http://mac.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4834&file=11&evp=db5d5ef42394ab97174c571fc10a58a8

Or just drag and drop non-DRM music from iTunes onto the Walkman (if it's a NWZ- model)

3. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Well - you can drag & drop from iTunes to any MTP/UMS machine, especially a self-databasing one like the Sony's.

The library integration is what I was looking for. I may not have said I don't like Synctunes, and iTuneMyWalkman is not exactly what I'd like either. I was wondering if there was another alternative as the library shenanigans of trying to use the Mac for certain players and the PC for others is becoming really annoying.

It's a very long story but this is what I have to do right now. I see settling on iTunes for everything as likely a lesser evil in practical terms, despite the Windows software being an order of magnitude better (but not supporting the Touch properly, which I also want to use).