Synergy crashes/quits

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Imbalance, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Imbalance macrumors member

Imbalance

Hello

I've just tried to use synergy with my Leopard install and the synergy client process can start, but then quits.

Any fixes yet?:(

2. prognositc macrumors newbie

Try running synergy client not as a daemon

I have had the same problem and until I find a better work around try running it with the --no-daemon option.

I know this post is old, just putting this here for anyone else who may encounter this. Example follows.

Format:
    ./synergyc --name [optional, specify client name to use] --no-daemon [server]

Ie.
    ./synergyc --name macmini1 --no-daemon macpro1
    or
    ./synergyc --no-daemon macpro1

3. ejazz macrumors newbie

I encountered the same problem, and found a small workaround. If you execute the command like this:

# synergyc -f target-computer &

It will actually run the process in the background so you can close you terminal.

4. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

i use synergyKM its got a GUI instead of using terminal , it can be tricky in ways too, but easier

5. jonathanwilliam macrumors newbie

When I visit the Synergy download page today (and this will likely change in the future) I see 4 options for mac downloads:

http://synergy-foss.org/download?list

On my macbook, the 10.8 download causes the error. The 10.7 download does not.

Hope this helps,
    Jonathan

6. huxtableb macrumors newbie

Yup, that did the trick for me on 10.9 too. Ironically, I just started contributing to Synergy, then Mavericks comes out and it is broken all over the place. : (