SynergyKM - Autostarting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheChillPill, Feb 10, 2008.

1. TheChillPill macrumors regular

Slightly strange one this. I have Synergy currently running on my MacBookPro, and it starts by default when I switch on - perfect!

I've just bought a mac pro, and installed Synergy. Everything works perfectly - except for the fact it doesn't automatically start when I boot up. The 'black' icon is there, but I have to manually tell it to start.

This is of course more of a problem on the Mac Pro because it means having to hook up a mouse to it in order to start it.

I can see on my MBP that in the 'login items' list it shows 'synergyd' - however spotlight doesn't find this on the Mac Pro install.

As a point of interest, I noted that the 'official' SynergyKM site seems to be no more, so I had to have a bit of a hunt to find a copy of it online - my initial thought was that I had found an older version, but a quick check reveals identical version numbers on both systems.

2. MauiChris macrumors newbie

Check here for Info on how to update SynergyKM to use the latest synergy client. It is supposed to resolve some problems...

http://stevehorbachuk.com/?p=45