Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bleugt, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bleugt macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2009
    I am trying to set up SynergyKM to work with my mac (10.6.2) and my windows 7 machine. I am setting up my mac to be the server and win7 to be the client. I am using my mac computer name for the mac monitor in synergy and my pc's IP for the other synergy monitor. I am pretty sure everything is set up properly but i am receiving the message "Cannot read configuration /var/folders/fy".

Has anyone encountered this error before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. bleugt thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2009
  3. Paulkuech macrumors newbie

Dec 25, 2009
    Same Issue

I am getting the exact same issue and it is driving me crazy!
    Part of me wants to say I screwed something up when trying to configure synergy
  4. macchi macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2009
    Similar problems with Synergy here. It worked fine on Mac OS X 10.5 both as keyboard+mouse server and as a client together with Win and Linux machines.

Unfortunately Synergy is not working at all for me on 10.6.2 machines despite first installation on a clean system, compensating for firewalls etc. I hope that someone will fix the problem since it is a very useful cross-platform tool. In the meanwhile I am using the excellent Teleport, but it works only with the Macs.
  5. robbo007 macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2005
    Valencia, Spain
    Did you get this to work in the end? I run SynergyKm with OSX 10.6.2 and Windows XP SP3. I want to install Windows 7 but only if this is working.

Any feedback most appreciated.