Synology DSVideo not working TVOS12

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by verdejt, Sep 23, 2018.

1. verdejt macrumors 6502

verdejt

Just upgraded to TVOS12 and now my DSVideo app fails to play movies at all. I get all the menus and such but when I select play all I get is a black screen yet the same movie plays fine with VLC. So I know it has to do with the app. Anybody else have this issue?

2. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

Same here! I'm using a DS215j. All my videos play ok with Plex but after reading your post I tried DSVideo and, like you, I just get a black screen. Looks like Synology need to update the app.

3. verdejt thread starter macrumors 6502

verdejt

If you wait long enough the movie eventually does start to play. It just takes a long time. I'm so used to it being instant that waiting a measly 2-5 minutes is actually very painful. I hope they update it soon. BTW its the same of IOS12 as well. I have a DS415Play

4. drebinch, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

drebinch macrumors newbie

There seems to be the same issue with the synology video app on all ios devices since ios12.. I am having this issue with my family's ipads, and iphones. Like you said waiting means the video starts, but it is way too long to wait. I have tried with the Beta of 12.1, and there seems to be an improvement.

5. deaglecat macrumors 6502

deaglecat

does ds file also exhibit this behaviour. that app also plays videos.

6. drebinch macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Oct 26, 2018 ---
    yes it does

7. deaglecat macrumors 6502

deaglecat

I use DS file in preference to DS Video... but on an ipad. I find it unstable though.. but it always was.