Syphilis returns to Europe

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by nbs2, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Pretty fascinating stuff - the suggested causes really make you think more about the interplay between the work that various people are doing to stop other diseases.

2. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Syphilis is perfectly treatable with antibiotics. But the problem is that it does not have any symptoms for years (beside so called primary lesion which is gone in a few weeks). People are not educated, have a lot of partners in young age, are afraid of doctors, does not use drug as prescribed. Trust me its terrible to deal with them and convince them to treat as they should

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I was expecting some alarming numbers. 0.031% infection is the worst of the statistics I saw in that article and it is curable. If the numbers were 5% of the population infected I might use words such as outbreak and resurgence. As usual any slight illness numbers and the reporters act like Chicken Little.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The thread is over 3 years old. :rolleyes:

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

An advertiser bumped the thread, not velocityg4. This is outdated information at this point so I'll just close it to avoid more confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.