Syslogd and launchd eating all my resources

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sharky II, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Sharky II macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

Trying to mix some basic vox in logic on new mac pro when it started behaving like ass.

Managed to notice that these two processes were taking lots of cpu and all my memory off me.

I've googled it and understand what they do - and even how to stop them. But what the hell is going on, is it a bug? I didn't get it on my mbp or powerbook g4 that run leopard. I don't really want to kill the processes as they're obviously there for a reason.

Anyone noticed this?

2. Sharky II thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

I was trying to bounce the tune and everything has just frozen with the spinning beachball. after 5-10mins i got bored and did a hard shutdown/reboot. Not great news, really.

Here's what it said in my console:

[​IMG]

That 'throttling cos its too fast, elpased was xxxxx' was printed over and over and over...

3. Sharky II thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

This 'throttling cos it's too fast' **** comes up all over the console when i bounce this track.

I'm using these plugins: SSL Duende plugs, psp mixpressor, camelcrusher, and a couple of logic plugs.

What the hell is going on, man.

Edit: The bounces are done. They come out silent. I'm going to disable the plugins i'm using one by one to find the culprit.

Sorry for non-logic users.

4. deathshrub macrumors 6502

So, let me get this straight. You did a hard reboot because a process was using a lot of processing power, even though you did research and found out what they were doing? And then you hard rebooted for no apparent reason?

And you want us to do what, exactly? You seem to be doing a well enough job of messing things up on your own.

5. Sharky II thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

Er, i did a hard reboot when the system froze.

And, if you're asking what i want - well, i want you to kindly **** off.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Not exactly the best attitude to have when in need of help.

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

In all fairness to the OP, deathshrub was not providing help. Someone who comes onto MacRumors looking for advice does not deserve to be told "And you want us to do what, exactly? You seem to be doing a well enough job of messing things up on your own." I'd say his attitude was well justified.