System activity Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jliverty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jliverty macrumors newbie

is the system activity monitor safe for iphone ? i'm talking from hardware , cause it can force kill all app like mail safari , etc . but the critical thing is it safe if the " kill apps " mode i always turn on , and when i click the free memory button everytime i want and i need it like every 20 minute to just make sure the iphone is out of from any app that running in the back of the iphone ? cause as you know it will drain the iphone battery fast right ?

and for the future , if i keep doing like on the top , is the iphone will be alright from the hardware ? like if i use the system activity monitor everyday and everytime , is it gonna break the iphone system OS and the iphone hardware system ?

i'm just hoping you guys would drop some comment about this and solve my problem ,

2. jliverty thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jer16 macrumors newbie

jer16

Iphone Activity Monitor App

I've downloaded this, hoping it will speed things up but I too wonder if it's safe. I doesn't mention jail-breaking so I hope my warranty will be OK.

It closes itself from time to time, at the moment (10 secs in) when you'd expect to see the first memory gain. I wonder whether when it crashes it is causes problems i the apps it is trying to close.

Come on you iPhone gurus - have a look at the description in iTunes and see if you can answer this for us ...

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I've been using this app since my 3g where it used to have a free memory button in it, freeing memory was not automatic then. It works fine. I do not recommend killing what i call core apps, like mail or phone, but for freeing memory from other processes it works just fine. Even using the newer version on iOS4 it has worked well. I don't use it much on my iPhone 4 but run it several times a day on my wife's 3g without issue.

5. jer16 macrumors newbie

jer16