System cleaning App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Chizzled, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Chizzled macrumors member

Hey,

With all the apps I've installed and removed, I am wondering if there are a bunch of junk files left behind? I have jailbroken and unjailbroken my phone numerous times as well and I just want to make sure Im not decreasing my phone's performance by bogging it down with junk files.

Are there any apps that can clean the system? The only app I came across that seemed fairly good was iErase, but that is used to zero out your free space. What about those files that are just sitting there and arent exactly free yet?

Thanks!

2. simpleleap macrumors newbie

The only one I know of is CleanMyMac, but I can bet there is a free alternative.

3. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Here's one:

"http://www.macdentro.com/MacDentro/Reviews.html"

4. Chizzled thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply you guys.

I checked out both applications and they are both for macintosh computers; however, they dont seem to be compatible with the iPhone. Is there a way to download and run these apps on the iPhone?

The only way I am aware of getting an app is either from the App Store or Cydia through a jailbreak. Neither of these were on the App Store.

5. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

:confused::confused: Isnt the OP asking for cleaning up his iPhone instead and not the Mac(hence the post in iPhone SubForums).

Anyways. You can always do a restore which will delete all the data on the iPhone and give you a fresh install if you wish. But I dont think iPhone could be having any performance issues unless the apps you have installed are jailbroken n running in the background.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Free Memory 1.4 will do the trick.
    It can take up to an hour to clean your iPhone, but should meet your needs.

7. mark.mathew8877 macrumors newbie

Me also prefer using the restore function of your i phone.Your phone memory will be completely fomatted.So as there no data remains there no junk files remains.You can make a try in this way.I have found it helpful.

8. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

I usually use Settings > General > Reset > Erase all contents and settings.

Is Restore better than this?

9. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

10. Chizzled thread starter macrumors member

Hey, thanks, I looked over all the replies you guys have given me. I think i'll just stick with a clean restore from DFU mode and if I need anything more drastic, ill try giving a reset by erasing all contents and settings.

Maybe one day there was an app for the iPhone such as Onyx or CleanApp for OS X.

I'm gonna look into Free Memory 1.4 and iErase. Those sounded pretty good too.