System freezes in 10.6.3 with CAD and Adobe Applications

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NStocks, Jul 25, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

Hi,

I'm having quite a lot of problems with my i7 Macbook Pro (spec in signature). When I use ArchiCAD, Illustrator, InDesign or even Acrobat, upon clicking on a line, fill slab, path or text box it takes my Mac around 5 seconds to respond to the click. What I mean specifically is when I want to edit something , say text, the dock will freeze making the computer unusable until the application responds.

I formatted the HD over a week ago as I was having printing problems, and it seems to be after this format that I'm having issues.

Is there anything I can do as I don't want to format the HD again...

Thank You

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

If you look in the Apple discussion forums, you'll find a thread 28 pages long about system freezing problems with the 10.6.3 update.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I'n on 10.6.3. I did not upgrade to 10.6.4. The problems only seem to occur after I formatted, which is very strange...

4. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, I have now discovered it is not faulty ram or any hardware.

I have repaired disk permissions, this has no affect.

I have reset the RAM, this had no affect.

I'm now in Safe Mode and it's working perfectly. I can click on a line, fill or text box in any application and it responds extremely fast!

So now that I know it works fine in Safe Mode, how do I make it work fine in 'normal' mode? Do I need to format the HD?

Thank You

5. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I should also add that disconnecting any peripherals has made no difference either... In 'normal' mode the issues still persist.

Do I need to format ?

6. coolbits macrumors member

In safe mode some user apps do not load... check your login items and web plugins and maybe startup daemons.