System freezes in 10.6.3 with CAD and Adobe Applications

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Hi,

I'm having quite a lot of problems with my i7 Macbook Pro (spec in signature). When I use ArchiCAD, Illustrator, InDesign or even Acrobat, upon clicking on a line, fill slab, path or text box it takes my Mac around 5 seconds to respond to the click. What I mean specifically is when I want to edit something , say text, the dock will freeze making the computer unusable until the application responds.

I formatted the HD over a week ago as I was having printing problems, and it seems to be after this format that I'm having issues.

Is there anything I can do as I don't want to format the HD again...

Thank You

colourfastt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2009
If you look in the Apple discussion forums, you'll find a thread 28 pages long about system freezing problems with the 10.6.3 update.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
If you look in the Apple discussion forums, you'll find a thread 28 pages long about system freezing problems with the 10.6.3 update.
I'n on 10.6.3. I did not upgrade to 10.6.4. The problems only seem to occur after I formatted, which is very strange...

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Ok, I have now discovered it is not faulty ram or any hardware.

I have repaired disk permissions, this has no affect.

I have reset the RAM, this had no affect.

I'm now in Safe Mode and it's working perfectly. I can click on a line, fill or text box in any application and it responds extremely fast!

So now that I know it works fine in Safe Mode, how do I make it work fine in 'normal' mode? Do I need to format the HD?

Thank You

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I should also add that disconnecting any peripherals has made no difference either... In 'normal' mode the issues still persist.

Do I need to format ?

coolbits

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
In safe mode some user apps do not load... check your login items and web plugins and maybe startup daemons.