System Integrity Protection

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by golfnut1982, Jun 7, 2017.

1. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Could someone tell me how my System Integrity Protection was disabled? I'm pretty positive I didn't do it on purpose at least. I found out when I updated Cocktail and it indicated that System Integrity Protection was disabled. I froze... Any help and or understanding would be appreciated. I've enabled it by using terminal on a reboot, but I would love to know how it was disabled in the first place.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

It wasn't me. And since it says "I am pretty positive .. " I am leaning towards it was you.

3. golfnut1982 thread starter macrumors regular

golfnut1982

It's an envolved process like rebooting and typing the command. I would not have done it on purpose or by experimenting. So, anyone else have a idea?

4. treekram macrumors 65832

Some of the 2016 MBP's shipped with SIP off. If that's not the computer you have (your signature says you have a 2013 MBP), there could be various scenarios whereby SIP was disabled. But frankly, it's tedious to type in the questions that need to be asked. If you're willing to answer a bunch of questions about your computer, where's it's come from, where it's been, what it's been doing - then I or maybe somebody else will take post these questions.