System Lags; Poor Wifi

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by thatsmyfish, May 3, 2015.

1. thatsmyfish macrumors regular

I have a Mac Mini hooked up as a home theater that I finally updated from Mavericks to Yosemite. I don't have a mouse or keyboard and control it exclusively from my Macbook Air (which works fine under Yosemite.)

Right off the bat, under Yosemite, the cursor response is laggy and applications seem to take their time in opening. Video playback seems fine once started. At first I thought it was an issue with the monitor connection (connected to TV), but it seems to be set up properly.

I did run a speed check over Safari on both computers. For the Macbook Air, I'm seeing download speeds of 50-75 mbps. The Mac Mini has been as high as 30 and as low as 5.

Checking with Activity Monitor, there doesn't seem to be a resource hog.

Any suggestions and what particularly can I try only using screen sharing?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Run the free application EtreCheck and run it. It will print out a report that will list all the services of your Mac. Then highlight a incompatible line and it will show a path to delete the incompatible services and unloaded services that will not run manually. Then reboot your Mac to rebuild the delete services with the proper plugins.