system message = program crash

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
This is actually for a friend of mine but this exact thing happened to me just over a year ago. (no, I don't remember what I did)

Anytime any kind of system message comes up (would you like to save, click ok to continue, error....) the program crashes. This is extremely frustring when you are using any kind of shareware that reminds you to purchase the product.

I/he as tried zapping the pram repairing permissions. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
figures. right after I explain to him how quick I'd be able to help him thanks to the people at MR. :(

Comment

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
What is this happening on, that way some of us get a better idea of what to look for and where to look.
It helps when you give the program, OS, and such just to make sure its not something simple

Comment

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
sorry about that. It's OS 10.3.7 on a titanium powerbook (not sure the specs because its my friends, it also happened on my alum pb too though)
and it happens in any program. anything

Comment

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Did this happen on any other OS for your friend?? I have not gone to 10.3.7 as I was unsure about it because of some problems with other people.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.