System Preference Question

tracer1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
SC
Keep seeing a red circle ( top right near Apple ID ) but can't out what it is or to clear it. No updates available to 10.15. Anyone?
[doublepost=1562369810][/doublepost]Also, have notification to update Mountain Lion on the App Store...........What?
How do I get rid of that. Haven't used that in a long time.

tracer1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
SC
No. It is a red dot like that, maybe smaller though, beside the Apple ID icon. Has a numeric 2 in it. Can't figure out its purpose or how to remove it.

jandrso

macrumors member
May 21, 2019
Fl, US
It is looking for secondary authentication like a text to be sent to your phone or a token of sorts.

Sign out and signing and see if the program prompts you for a secondary authentication method.

tracer1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
SC
Well actually, excuse my ignorance but I have no clue to what you're saying. Don't know why it would be trying to send a text to my phone or whatever a token is.

jandrso

macrumors member
May 21, 2019
Fl, US
Well actually, excuse my ignorance but I have no clue to what you're saying. Don't know why it would be trying to send a text to my phone or whatever a token is.
Sorry I should have explained better. I think the iCloud System Setting is looking for verification your iCloud settings.
As long as you're logged into iCloud and not experiencing any issues with it, I wouldn't worry about it. Or you could click the icon, sign out and sign in again to clear it.

JDA