Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bojwolb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
I was wondering if would be at all possible to create shortcuts for each or any of the individual applets in the System Preferences panel? In Windows(XP, et al.), you can create shortcuts for each of the individual applets in its Control Panel. I just think it would be neat to be able to do the same in OS X. Thanks for any help. :)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I was wondering if would be at all possible to create shortcuts for each or any of the individual applets in the System Preferences panel? In Windows(XP, et al.), you can create shortcuts for each of the individual applets in its Control Panel. I just think it would be neat to be able to do the same in OS X. Thanks for any help. :)

Yep... open the folder below then right click on a pref pane and make an alias. Then drag the alias to the Desktop (or wherever) then rename it to what you want. I just made one for the Keyboard pref pane on my Desktop (screenshot below). If you double click on it it opens the Keyboard pref pane.

dkrezUQ.png

/System/Library/PreferencePanes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.