System Preferences Crashing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by beatledud, Mar 10, 2009.

1. beatledud macrumors 6502

Just installed a fresh install of Leopard on a Powerbook G4 1.5ghz, with 1 gig of ram. I went to get the time and date set up, and it won't keep the "set dat & time automatically" selected. I can't hit the drop down list of the time zone with out it crashing (but can click on the map) and I can't click on the drop down next to the set date and time with out it crashing.

When in expose and spaces, whenever I try to select anything System Pref crashes. When I try to just select another desktop image it crashes. I'm sure I'd find other things that crash. I was able to work with the dock with out a problem. I have tried deleting com.apple.systempreferences.plist and rebooting, with no affect.

2. beatledud thread starter macrumors 6502

Just repaired disk permissions, syst. pref. still crashing. I was able to select the drop down menu in date and time next to the set date and time automatically, i clicked the automatically check box and when to close syst. pref. and it crashed. Now the drop down menu is crashing when i select it like it did before. This is a big problem...