System Preferences Hang /2.66 uMBP Early '09

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 15inchbrick, Jul 11, 2009.

1. 15inchbrick macrumors member

So... I had an original 2.53 uMBP that I ordered Oct 14th, Right when they came out. After a few months my airport card stopped working :)(), took my computer to apple store. After replacing the Display and Logic Board, the card still didn't work. They did a "CRU?" and issued me a new machine :))). They didn't have the original 2.53 in stock, so they gave me the 2.66 :) (15" without the new internal battery, speed bumped Jan '09 at Macworld). Apple did the data migration.

Everything appeared to be fine, but the only problem I am having is that the System Prefrences (I am running 10.5.7) are hanging alot, takes almost 3 mins to switch between screens, randomly freezes, and sometimes when it is really locked up I need to force quit System Prefrences (Force quit menu says "Not Responding" next to the System Preferences.

Anyone having similar problems?

Any suggestions besides nuking it and doing a clean install?

Sorry if this should thread should go under a software category and not a hardware category, and thanks in advance for any help/advice.

2. Baculo macrumors newbie

System Preferences

I am also having a similar problem with the System Preferences. I have opened the Desktop & Screen Saver preferences. I am trying to set up a mosaic screening saver but an error message comes up that I must have an iPhoto library (I do!) to select from. I also have to Force Quit the System Preferences.
    Restarted but same problem occurs!
    Help!