System Preferences not opening

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Sep 19, 2012.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

Hi,
    I'm not sure what I did but I cannot seem to get system preferences to open?? AT alll!!!!!!! I've clicked on the apple then clicking on the option for system pref, no luck, I've tried clicking on the icon on the dock, no luck, I've pulled it up in spotlight, no luck!!!

Please help...I somehow have it set that when I click on something, Safari opens up and I'd like to change that to Chrome opening up.

Hold me by the hand assistance please!!!! :eek:

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.systempreferences.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet?

And regarding your quote
    What does that mean exactly?

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

I'm not sure what you mean by have I tried deleting "com.apple.systempreferences.plist" yet.....should I try that or are you saying that I must have done so already, which is why I'm having the issue I'm having

what I meant was that in preferences somewhere, or maybe it was safari preferences, there was an option to open Safari or another option (ie: firefox, chrome) when clicking on links??? something along those lines, I've changed it back & forth since I've had the computer but cannot remember how - please note that I am a novice computer user....