System Preferences will not quit . . . cannot force

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I have been having problems with some BT settings and was messing with them, when I got the swirly icon. I let it go for a few minutes and then tired to quit system preferences with no luck and then tried to force quit with no luck. I then tried to shut down by hitting the power button and selecting shut down, but it won't do that either b/c it can't force SP to quit. What should I do?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
swindmill said:
I have been having problems with some BT settings and was messing with them, when I got the swirly icon. I let it go for a few minutes and then tired to quit system preferences with no luck and then tried to force quit with no luck. I then tried to shut down by hitting the power button and selecting shut down, but it won't do that either b/c it can't force SP to quit. What should I do?
Hold down the power key for 5 seconds or so will force a restart. It shouldn't do any harm (although the usual disclaimers apply), but it probably won't fix your prob long term...

Doh. Beaten to it!

Comment

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
OK, I had never had to do that with my Mac so I was hesitant, but I went ahead and did it. Everything is fine :D

Comment