system prefernces won't open

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by omid, Jun 20, 2012.

1. omid macrumors newbie

hello guys ... Yesterday i bought a macbook with version osx 10.6.8 is secondhand and without dic . i tried all different ways to open system prefernces but i couldn't do it .so when i click on it nothing happening ... i will be greatfull if anybody has an idea ... thanks:apple:

2. omid thread starter macrumors newbie

3. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.SystemPreferences.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet?
    And what exact MacBook model do you have?
    To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
    [​IMG]
    To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
    To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).​

4. omid thread starter macrumors newbie

hi again

yes i did look for com.apple.SystemPreferences.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences , but i cant find it . my mac model is ;;;;;;;

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
    Serial Number (system): W8718LF1YA4
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2DEFA44
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled
    :apple::apple::apple: it would be great if write anything you know about i will try it ..... thanks :apple::apple::apple:

5. simsaladimbamba

That is strange. Do you understand where to look?

Anyway, since your Mac came with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, you could buy the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD for 29 USD via the Apple Online Store and do a Clean Install with that.

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides: