System Prefs Resets Itself

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Samwise592, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Samwise592 macrumors regular

Ever since installing Leopard, when i restart, the key commands for Expose, (all windows, application windows, and desktop) reset, but spaces does not.

... any ideas? i have NO idea what could cause this.

2. aeryk71 macrumors newbie

aeryk71

Expose etc...

Do you play WOW?

It's got a bug that resets the settings you mentioned. There is an applescript to "fix" the issue in the help forum

Aeryk

3. Samwise592 thread starter macrumors regular

No, i don't. I had the trial installed with tiger, but i did an erase and install, so that shouldn't matter...

i'll go check the help forum,[Lazy] do you have a link? [/Lazy]

EDIT: sorry for not posting this in the help forums... if a mod could move it there that'd be great.

4. Samwise592 thread starter macrumors regular

I found the thread in the support forum... but nobody posted a solution. :confused:

5. aeryk71 macrumors newbie

aeryk71

6. Samwise592 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot, seams to work so far.

What do you think the chances are that this will be fixed in 10.5.1? (annoying to run the script all the time)

7. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

I had this all the time in Tiger, was hoping it would have been fixed in Leopard. I have it happen on my Macbook, which doesn't have WoW on and both my work and home iMac, which do have WoW but is rarely opened anymore. So I don't think it is related just to WoW.

8. aeryk71 macrumors newbie

aeryk71

No, it definitely seems to be an OS thing... Apparently Blizz has had a ticket open with apple for at least 2 years on this issue and no resolution yet. I'd love to be able to say it will be fixed in a patch, but I suspect that it falls into the "when we have all the MAJOR probs fixed" bin...

Aeryk