System Services - Time & Location

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by DaveTheRave, Oct 15, 2016.

1. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

I just noticed that in the last few weeks this function has used over 700 mb of data. Does anyone know which apps cause this?

I frequently use Waze and recently downloaded Automatic Pro and Agenda: Widget +. All three use some GPS or location data, but the phones Cellular use by app indicates minimal data usage. What else could be causing so much Time & Location usage?

I'm not ready to blame IOS 10 but am curious if anyone has noticed this. Thanks.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

3. lemimouth macrumors regular

You do NOT need to have the WiFi calling location service enabled for WiFi calling to work. I read somewhere (can't find the page right now) that it's only used when calling 911 to determine your location.

I have it disabled and WiFi calling is working fine here.

4. DaveTheRave thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok but I'm trying to see if I can narrow down what is causing so much data usage. Any idea? If it was an app I thought I'd se it itemized on the Cellular screen. If not, what is causing it to be so high?

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

6. DaveTheRave thread starter macrumors 6502a

The battery isn't my problem. I'm talking about 700mb of data over the last 2 weeks. Doesn't add up when no app seems to be using anywhere online near that much data.