System Settings/Logic X Crashing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by nickhutson, Oct 28, 2013.

1. nickhutson macrumors regular

Well done, Apple.

Not sure if it's something I've done - but this didn't happen on Mountain Lion. Don't have the confidence to go and start digging around removing corrupt preferences files or anything. Resetting the computer solves the problem for a while... not really very impressive.

Any advice?

iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I used Logic Pro X all weekend working on a project and it only crashed once, while I was changing System Preferences/Sound when Logic was running. I restarted Logic, and it was fine afterwards. Subsequently on the odd occasion I needed to change system sound preferences, I just quit Logic first and then restarted it afterwards, so it was not a major issue for me.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've had no issues except with a third party App ( Automap ) which allows me to assign keys quickly to my Novation...An Upgrade is in the works ( why the Hell these people can't better prepare is beyond me) so the only thing I can think of is any third party controller software running?

4. nickhutson thread starter macrumors regular

I've got my M-Audio Keyboard... could that be causing an issue, do you think?