System sounds and Siri not coming through car speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by From A Buick 8, Jan 16, 2013.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Not sure where the best place for this question is. When i have my 5 docked in my van (lighting to 30 pin adapter to an iSimple connector to my oem stereo) i can hear music and spoken directions just fine through the car speakers. i can skip songs with the steering wheel controls and the 5 will charge. However i cannot hear Siri read text or any other of her voice prompts through the car speaker. All of those go through the iPhone speaker.

Is there a fix for this.

2. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have been having bad luck with my post of late, should this be in a different section of the forum?

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I find it strange, I can hear some of what Siri say's through the car speaker, like when I ask her to play a specific artist and I can hear her say "playing your Sting" over the car speaker, and turn by turn directions are over the car speakers, but most other commands from her are through the phone speaker only.

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Same issue. Apple changed something with the IP5 and/or iOS 6 and how SIRI works though the phone I assume