System Sounds Screwy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sicrado, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sicrado macrumors newbie

sicrado

Hey guys I searched and found this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=186194

and am experiencing the same exact problems... No iChat sounds, no empty trash sounds, but the volume adjust clicks, iTunes works, and web based sound works...? :confused: Ive restarted and did the "periodicals", and checked sound level in apple.systemspreferences.sound.(output/input)

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this issue?
    (Hi and this is my first post)

System-OS X 10.4.11, 2.4 Core 2 Duo

2. c-ray macrumors newbie

I noticed you say you checked input and output tabs but did you check the alert tab to see if your alert volume is muted or turned off? Just a thought I thought was worth mentioning.

3. sicrado thread starter macrumors newbie

sicrado

yeh... weird i messed with everything again and just played with the sound volumes in everything and garageband and restarted and ran the periodicals.. now everything works.... :screwy:

Ohh well.. has anybody upgraded to leopard via the 9.99 upgrade fee?

4. cliffdvr macrumors newbie

cliffdvr

Trash sounds missing for one user

I've been having, basically, the same problem and can't get my arms around this.

I've looked all over. I've repaired permissions. I've deleted the Finder prefs. I've emptied the cache. I've run Disk Warrior. I've zapped PRAM.

And I still can't get my trash sounds to reappear. (And, yes, all my other system alert sounds do work.)