System time set to BC?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noaccess, Apr 8, 2007.

1. noaccess macrumors 6502

I would like to ask your opinion on this little language glitch that I've noticed in OSX.

Was just playing around in SysPref, bored, when I came accross something.

In System Preferences->International->Formats I set the region to Romania, after clicking the 'Show all' checkbox. Then when I clicked on 'Customize' (right above the calendar selection box), the era is displayed as î.d.Cr. That, translated, means BC in English, actually. So, is the system time actually set to the year 2007 BC?

I don't know, could this possibly make things bad, or is this harmless? I mean, having the computer think it's running during the Egyptian 10th dynasty is a little weird :).

Oh, and I'm using 10.4.9 on an iBook G4 and have my system time synced to the Apple Euro Server. Always have. And I've just sent feedback to Apple regarding this. Who knows, maybe they'll issue a public patch and then I'll know I contributed to the developemt of Mac OS X :)

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Weird. I imagine it could be a translation error on Apple's part?

3. noaccess thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that could be it. Not sure if they'll correct it anytime soon.
    I don't know if they ever answer OSX feedback messages left on Apple.com, there was this box where I put in my email address. Hope I get at least a reply or something :eek:

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You could also wait until New Year's, and see if the year goes to 2008, or 2006...

5. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

<sarcasm> Yeah, I know the feeling. <sarcasm>