Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
iMac Pro 2017 -- Running the system update to get the 10.14.3 upgrade, it downloaded the file then when the update was started it rebooted the system, only to see a "No Entry" symbol (slashed circle) centered on a blank screen. Nothing to click on, and keystrokes did nothing. Powered down and restarted. Anyone ever seen that symbol before...? It has never appeared before.

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California
So that's what happens when there is an issue with the OS installation, or EFI boot process. You had a bad update. Did you have a backup of your system you can restore to? (Assuming you didn't find a way to get back in)

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
So that's what happens when there is an issue with the OS installation, or EFI boot process. You had a bad update. Did you have a backup of your system you can restore to? (Assuming you didn't find a way to get back in)
Well, I did get back in without any hassle, just shut down for a minute and restarted and it booted normally. But I'd never seen that slashed zero symbol before, that's ALL that was on the screen, no text and no buttons or options.

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California
Well, I did get back in without any hassle, just shut down for a minute and restarted and it booted normally. But I'd never seen that slashed zero symbol before, that's ALL that was on the screen, no text and no buttons or options.
img_4380-jpg.150583

This guy right?

He's popular in the hackintosh forum. ;)

In any case, congratulations on getting in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.