Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
iPhone 14 Pro
iOS 16.2

I can't possibly be the only one that this is happening to. This seems like it's been going on for a few years now, but I never see anyone discussing it.

Occasionally the system volume on my iPhone will be nearly full blast, even though my volume is set to about 20~30%. Just randomly, out of nowhere, my alerts and keyboard clicks will suddenly be at full blast. I tried restarting my phone, didn't help. Eventually it seems to resolve itself, but I'd really like to know, is this a known issue/bug?

Surely someone else out there runs into this?

Last edited:

ChristianMorris

Suspended
Dec 3, 2022
Hi,

This issue you are describing sounds like a bug with the iPhone's software. It is possible that it is a known issue and that Apple is working on a fix. However, without more information about the specific model of iPhone you have and the version of iOS you are running, it is difficult to say for certain. I would recommend checking the Apple support website or visiting an Apple store or authorized repair center for further assistance. You can also try checking for any available software updates, as they may contain a fix for this issue.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Don't waste your time looking for a fix.

This issue has been raised hundreds of times and has existed for multiple iOS releases and still not fixed.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011

This issue has been raised hundreds of times and has existed for multiple iOS releases and still not fixed.
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Figured that's what it is, but I needed to know fort sure if it was just me, which obviously it isn't.

I don't understand how Apple can't (won't?) fix this?? Like you said, this has been going on for a long time!

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011

Can you point me to a thread where this is discussed at length? I'd be curious to see what others are saying about it.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Same here. iPad too. I’ve turned off keyboard clicks it got so annoying. Lock sound all over the place too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.